Supports physician staff by representing physicians; screening and sorting mail, documents, and telephone calls; scheduling patient appointments and arranging referrals; billing patients and third-party payers; controlling accounts receivables; transcribing dictation; preparing medical reports, patient histories, operative notes, manuscripts, and correspondence; maintaining office files and patient records.
Medical Secretary Job Duties:
• Represents physicians by screening incoming telephone calls; recording and transmitting messages; scheduling, receiving, and announcing scheduled patients and visitors; screening unscheduled patients and visitors; arranging referrals to other health care providers; scheduling appointments for consultations, x-rays, lab tests, physical therapy, MRI's, CT scans, etc.
• Ensures physician productivity by maintaining calendars; scheduling patient appointments; physician consultations; professional meetings, conferences; teleconferences, and travel.
• Produces information by transcribing dictation, preparing medical reports and summaries, patient histories, operative notes, manuscripts and correspondence; planning, organizing, coordinating and controlling projects.
• Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; maintaining patient records; recording meeting discussions.
• Generates revenues by completing direct patient and third-party billing; monitoring accounts receivables; initiating collection calls and reminders.
• Secures information by completing database back-ups.
• Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock; anticipating needs; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
• Keeps office equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
• Maintains quality results by following and enforcing standards.
• Serves and protects the health care community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
• Enhances physician office reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Medical Secretary Skills and Qualifications:
Office Experience - General, Scheduling, Telephone Skills, Typing, Business Knowledge, Organization, Time Management, Customer Service, Verbal Communication, PC Proficiency, Reporting Skills
Minimum of BSc
Minimum of 5 years Experiences
Method of Application
Qualified and Interested Applicant should forward their CV to Medtronix Inc Consult Recruiting Unit Via jobs(dot)medtronixincconsult(at)gmail(dot)com
Medtronix Inc Consult 100,000 NGN3 to 5 years Full time Minimum of BSc National