Responsible for assisting attorneys in a law office by performing clerical and administrative duties.
Legal Secretary Job Duties:
• Welcomes guests and clients by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
• Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics; coordinating case preparation.
• Conserves attorneys time by reading, researching, reviewing, verifying, and routing correspondence, reports and legal documents; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications; organizing client conferences, and attorney meetings; scheduling couriers, court reporters, expert witnesses, and other special functions; coordinating preparation of charts, graphs, and other courtroom visuals; preparing expense reports.
• Maintains attorney calendar by planning and scheduling conferences, teleconferences, dispositions, and travel; recording and monitoring court appearance dates, pleadings, and filing requirements; monitoring evidence-gathering; anticipating changes in litigation or transaction preparation requirements.
• Represents attorney by communicating and obtaining information; following-up on delegated assignments; knowing when to act and when to refer matters to attorney.
• Generates revenues by documenting and inputting attorney billable time and reimbursable expenses; preparing invoices; tracking payments.
• Maintains client confidence by keeping client/attorney information confidential.
• Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions; maintaining transcripts; documenting and maintaining evidence.
• Maintains office supplies by checking stocks; placing and expediting orders; evaluating new products.
• Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Documentation Skills, Meeting Planning, Supply Management, Telephone Skills, Office Experience - General, PC Proficiency, Verbal Communication, Internal Communications, Dependability, Professionalism, Client Relationships
• Proven experience as legal secretary
• Knowledge of constitution, legal terminology, regulations and court system
• Knowledge of MS Office and ability to work with legal technology (court-filing computer systems, transcription software, dictaphone etc)
• Working knowledge of litigation management software systems is a plus
• Proficiency in English
• Outstanding time-management and typing skills
• Ability to multitask and being comfortable dealing with a diverse pool of people
• Legal Secretary certification or diploma
Method Of Application
Qualified Applicant Should Kindly Forward their CV and Credentials to Gracio Recruiting Unit Via Email; gracioconsult(at)gmail(dot)com
Permanent Gracio Consult 150,000 NGN3 to 5 years Full time Minimum of 3 years Experience Regional