Models appear in different types of media to promote a product or service. Models advertise products and merchandise in magazine or newspaper advertisements, department store catalogs, or television commercials. Increasingly, models are appearing in online ads or on retail websites.
Models typically do the following:
• Display clothing and merchandise in print and online advertisements
• Promote products and services in television commercials
• Wear designers' clothing for runway fashion shows
• Model accessories, such as handbags, shoes, and jewelry, and promote beauty products, including fragrances and cosmetics
• Pose for workers taking photos or creating paintings or sculptures
• Work closely with photographers, hair and clothing stylists, makeup artists, and clients to produce a desired look
• Create and maintain a portfolio of their work
• Travel to meet and interview with potential clients
• Conduct research on the product being promoted—for example, the designer or type of fabric of a particular article of clothing
No formal education is required and training is limited. Specific requirements depend on the client, with different jobs requiring different physical characteristics. However, most models must be within certain ranges for height, weight, and clothing size to meet the needs of fashion designers, photographers, and advertisers.
Specific requirements depend on the client, but most models must be within certain ranges for height, weight, and clothing size to meet the needs of fashion designers, photographers, and advertisers. Requirements may change slightly from time to time, as the perceptions of physical beauty change.
Courteous. Models must interact with a large number of people, such as agents, photographers, and customers. It is important to be polite, professional, prompt, and respectful.
Discipline. A model's career depends on the maintenance of his or her physical characteristics. Models must control their diet, exercise regularly, and get enough sleep to stay healthy and photogenic. Haircuts, pedicures, and manicures are necessary work-related expenses.
Listening skills. Models must be able to take direction from photographers and clients during photo shoots and commercials.
Organizational skills. Models must be able to manage their portfolios and their work and travel schedules.
Persistence. Competition for jobs is strong and most clients have specific needs for each job, so patience and persistence are essential.
Photogenic. Models spend most of their time being photographed. They must be comfortable in front of a camera for photographers to capture the desired look.
Style. Models must have a basic knowledge of hair styling, makeup, and clothing. For photographic and runway work, models must be able to move gracefully and confidently.
Method of Application
Qualified and Interested Applicant should forward their CV Dongxiang Co. Recruiting unit via
Dongxiang 120,000 NGN3 to 5 years Full time Minimum of 2 years Experience Regional