Building and Construction engineers design, construct, supervise, operate, and maintain large construction projects and systems, including roads, buildings, airports, tunnels, dams, bridges, and systems for water supply and sewage treatment. Many civil engineers work in design, construction, research, and education.
Many Building and Construction engineers hold supervisory or administrative positions ranging from supervisor of a construction site to city engineer. Others work in design, construction, research, and teaching. Building and Construction engineers work with others on projects and may be assisted by civil engineering technicians.
The federal government employs Building and Construction engineers to do many of the same things done in private industry, except that the federally employed Building and Construction engineers may also inspect projects to be sure that they comply with regulations.
Building and Construction engineers work on complex projects, so they usually specialize in one of several areas.
Structural engineers design and assess major projects, such as buildings, bridges, or dams, to ensure their strength and durability.
Transportation engineers plan, design, operate, and maintain everyday systems, such as streets and highways, but they also plan larger projects, such as airports, ports, mass transit systems, and harbors.
Geotechnical engineers work to make sure that foundations are solid. They focus on how structures built by civil engineers, such as buildings and tunnels, interact with the earth (including soil and rock). In addition, they design and plan for slopes, retaining walls, and tunnels.
Construction engineers manage construction projects, ensuring that they are scheduled and built in accordance with the plans and specifications. They are typically responsible for design and safety of temporary structures used during construction.
• Compile and submit permit applications to local, state, and federal agencies verifying that projects comply with various regulations
• Perform or oversee soil testing to determine the adequacy and strength of foundations
• Test building materials, such as concrete, asphalt, or steel, for use in particular projects
• Analyze survey reports, maps, and other data to plan projects
• Consider construction costs, government regulations, potential environmental hazards, and other factors in planning stages and risk analysis
• Perform or oversee, surveying operations to establish reference points, grades, and elevations to guide construction
• Manage the repair, maintenance, and replacement of public and private infrastructure
• Provide cost estimates for materials, equipment, or labor to determine a project’s economic feasibility
• Use design software to plan and design transportation systems, hydraulic systems, and structures in line with industry and government standards
• Present their findings to the public on topics such as bid proposals, environmental impact statements, or property descriptions
M.Eng/B.Eng/HND in Engineering or Building Technology
NSE and COREN registered
Additional certification will be valued
• • HOW TO APPLY
• • Qualified and interested candidates applying for this job position should forward a comprehensive CV to the email provided below.
• • or send names,phone no,position applying for,location to the message box or to this phone
• • NOTE: Only shortlisted applicant will be contacted. This opening is for Lagos Residents only.
Blueray resources 250,000 NGNLess than 1 year Full time National