Duties and Responsibilities
1. Oversees and administers the day-to-day activities of the office; develops policies, procedures, and systems which ensure productive and efficient office operation.
2. Provides assistance and support to the office principal in problem solving, project planning and management, and development and execution of stated goals and objectives.
3. Supervises the work of employees in supporting roles, including assigning workload and monitoring employee performance.
4. Oversees and facilitates resources management and administration procedures and documentation for the principal.
5. Performs research and analysis on specific issues, as required, and independently prepares non-routine letters and/or reports, which may be highly sensitive and confidential in nature.
6. Serves as the primary point of administrative contact and liaison with other offices, individuals, and institutions on operational and programmatic matters concerning the Office.
7. Organizes and facilitates meetings, conferences, and other special events; coordinates and attends committee meetings, and participates in committee discussions, as appropriate.
8. Coordinates the disposition and/or resolution of individual problems and disputes involving faculty, staff, students, and/or members of the general public, as they arise.
9. Oversees the operation of office accounts, and plans and monitors expenditures; as appropriate, develops and/or coordinates budgets for the office and associated accounts.
10. Provides and/or oversees provision of staff support to the office, to include handling walk-up and phone interactions, maintaining calendars and travel arrangements, screening, analyzing, and responding to incoming correspondence, handling day-to-day problems and situations, and provision of secretarial support.
11. Provides assistance in the understanding and interpretation of University policies and procedures, as appropriate, and ensures that office operations are in compliance with policy provisions and standards.
12. Assists in the coordination, supervision, and completion of special projects, as appropriate.
13. May serve as Campus Security Authority as outlined by the Clery Act.
14. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
â€¢ Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis. 2 years of directly related experience managing at least one of the following functional areas: fiscal services, administration and/or human resources AND 5 years of additional work experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
â€¢ Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
â€¢ Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
â€¢ Records maintenance skills.
â€¢ Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
â€¢ Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
â€¢ Ability to analyze and solve problems.
â€¢ Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
â€¢ Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
â€¢ Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
â€¢ Ability to lead and train staff and/or students.
â€¢ Conflict resolution and/or mediation skills.
â€¢ Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
â€¢ Word processing and/or data entry skills.
â€¢ Knowledge of office management principles and procedures.
â€¢ Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
â€¢ Skills in the use of database management, word processing, spreadsheet, and/or presentation software.
â€¢ Organizing and coordinating skills.
â€¢ Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
â€¢ Knowledge of general accounting principles.
â€¢ Knowledge of human resources administration principles and practices.
â€¢ Effective verbal and written communication skills.
â€¢ Knowledge of administrative policies and procedures as applied to public academic institutions.
Method of Application
Applicant should forward their CV to Hilton Concept HR throughÂ
Permanent Medtronix Inc Consult 70,000 NGN3 to 5 years Full time â€¢ Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis. Local